Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sri Lanka 2006: post-tsunami documentary

This is the latest documentary short I've created for work. It is called "Sri Lanka 2006: Business, Relief, and Water after the Tsunami."

This footage comes courtesy of Swarnavel Eswaranpillai, a cinema doctoral student at the University of Iowa. He traveled with fellow Iowa professors Paul Greenough and Harish Naraindas to Sri Lanka two years after the 2004 tsunami to capture interview and disaster footage. He gave me permission to edit this short documentary using his images. This video will accompany a piece on water privatization I am writing for a university magazine this May.

I've split the 15-minute film into two parts:





To view other environmental-awareness docs I've made this school year, check here and here.

No comments: